The Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS) announced on Tuesday that it has identified sponsors of the nationwide #EndBadGovernance protest and placed them on a watchlist. Comptroller-General Kemi Nandap disclosed this at the Defence Headquarters in Abuja, stating that many of the sponsors, who are currently abroad, will be arrested upon returning to Nigeria.
Nandap made these remarks following a strategic meeting convened by Chief of Defence Staff, General Christopher Musa, to address the ongoing protests across the country. In an interview with journalists, she said, “We have diaspora sponsors on our watchlist. Any attempt they make to enter the country, we’ll be notified, and they will be picked up and handed over to the appropriate authorities.”
Nandap also noted that the NIS has deployed additional officers to land and airport borders to ensure effective monitoring and prevent foreign intervention.
Director-General of the Department of State Services (DSS), Yusuf Bichi, confirmed that some protest sponsors had been identified, with bank accounts linked to them already blocked. However, he declined to provide further details, stating that investigations are ongoing and those involved are being closely monitored.
The Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS) announced on Tuesday that it has identified sponsors of the nationwide #EndBadGovernance protest and placed them on a watchlist. Comptroller-General Kemi Nandap disclosed this at the Defence Headquarters in Abuja, stating that many of the sponsors, who are currently abroad, will be arrested upon returning to Nigeria.
Nandap made these remarks following a strategic meeting convened by Chief of Defence Staff, General Christopher Musa, to address the ongoing protests across the country. In an interview with journalists, she said, “We have diaspora sponsors on our watchlist. Any attempt they make to enter the country, we’ll be notified, and they will be picked up and handed over to the appropriate authorities.”
Nandap also noted that the NIS has deployed additional officers to land and airport borders to ensure effective monitoring and prevent foreign intervention.
Director-General of the Department of State Services (DSS), Yusuf Bichi, confirmed that some protest sponsors had been identified, with bank accounts linked to them already blocked. However, he declined to provide further details, stating that investigations are ongoing and those involved are being closely monitored.